Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Month 3

okay, so the honeymoon period is officially over. :)
i've been here for 76 days and by day 90, it's time to face the real world.
things i will miss:

1. my wonderful serviced apartment.

i tried to maximize the free housekeeping by cooking up a storm and holding regular barbecue/pool parties, but turns out i haven't even exploited half the place! apparently there's a steambath, heated hot tub, and a jet pool here which i've yet to try. and yes, the wonderful gym which i consciously ignored (boo).

i will really miss the uber posh digs and the nice (majority of which are Filipino) staff. i will miss having the AC turned on full blast and the water heater on 24/7 (i shudder to think of the electricity bill). i will miss the resort like ambiance, the free housekeeping, the fluffy towels, the wonderfully comfy couch, and yes, the FREE HOUSEKEEPING!

i'm moving into my new place first week of June, and I actually got a really really good deal for it - it's 2 buildings away from my office (kaching kaching, transpo cost savings!) and a lot of my P&G friends also live there. it's somewhat like Friends when you think about it. i duno if that's a good thing or a bad thing but i choose to think of it as a good thing for now. =P

2. my semi-reimbursible meal expenses.

enuff said.

3. my "i'm new hence i'm uninformed" free pass.

seriously, people in my GBU have been so wonderful (in my opinion) to a newbie like me. i expected people to expect me to know things by day 1 (i'm not a new hire after all), but everyone has been so generous in teaching me day-to-day stuff and yet respectful when i offer my PoV.

4. the relatively lighter work load

i can feel myself fully immersed now and hence all the work and aggravation that comes with it is now manifesting itself in full force. i'm not complaining, i'm having fun so far *cross fingers*

5. my serviced apartment.

need i say more? i will miss it so much i just have to mention it twice. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment