Saturday, May 30, 2009

the world is FLAT

thanks to excessive camwhoring, i sprained my ankle around a month ago (i know, right?!) and needed to lay the stilettos to rest for a while.

and well, since my shoes are not yet here, OF COURSE i had to go buy decent footwear, right? and in any case, i didn't really have fair share of flats in my collection, and i guess it's about time i stocked up on good ones.

so here are the pairs i've been using to make my feet happy. i'm super happy with all 3 in terms of level of comfort, sturdiness, and of course, the non-negotiable OOMPH.



Exhibit A: Zara Ecru Gladiators.

I've been crushing on this one since April, but couldn't bear to part with 150 SGD (approx Php) for them. So everytime I'd go to Zara (which is like, every week), I'd go try them on, sigh, then vow to snap them up the moment it goes on sale. Shopping devil be damned, one fine week my size was GONE! I felt utter desolation (no exaggeration, I couldn't enjoy my dinner afterwards) that I realized it was not just a little crush, it was shoe LOVE. so I scoured all the Zara stores in this godforsaken retail therapy addicted country (this is no mean feat). I finally found it in Vivo City (the largest and farthest mall from my vantage point in sunny Orchard) and bought it without pausing to think of the dent it made on my wallet. I have not had a moment's regret. It's quirky, fun, YOUNG, and edgy. It instantly adds that oomph to any manang outfit I have on (think what a chanel bag can do, only this is a million times cheaper). I LAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! And from a cost per wear standpoint, I actually think it pays out.





Take note the cute tassel detail on the inner leg area. Quirky but subtle eh?


Exhibits B and C [please forgive this lazy poster - I find uploading photos to be quite a pain - any suggestions on an easier way of doing this versus directly posting here? :(?!]



Exhibit B. People of Asia white and gold flats

found these babies on a desperate quest to find suitable office flats. Fell in love with the round thingamajiggos. Was prepared to shell out 75 SGD (2200 PHP) for them, but SURPRISE SURPRISE - they were apparently on sale and got them for only a little over 40 SGD. dontcha just love surprises/savings/unexpected windfalls like this?!

Exhibit C. Cotton On leopard print ballerina flats.

these were a totally unexpected find. i got this pair at Cotton On, which is Singapore's version of Bench I guess. i just dropped by an hour before closing time - there's a branch just below my office. now, i LOVE leopard, but aside from a silk scarf, i don't own a single leopard print anything. now i have one finally, and it's only fitting that it'd be a pair of shoes! and the best part?! they're only 20 SGD and surprisingly sturdy!!!


(THis morning I went crazy at a warehouse sale and bought 4 pairs of shoes - think cK, armani, DKNY for less than 100 SGD a pair. God help me, the Great Singapore Sale is just around the corner! Will post pics soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment